Farewell Party
Mit großer Spannung verfolgten wir in den letzten Tagen den Wetterbericht, denn unser Abschiedsfest stand vor der Tür. Mit insgesamt 80 Gästen, davon 38 Kindern, konnten wir das Fest nur draußen feiern. Und wir hatten sehr viel Glück, es war bewölkt, hat aber nicht geregnet. Die Kinder hatten ihr Spaß mit einem Puppenspieler und fühlten sich frei und wohl bei uns im Park.
Natürlich gab es viel leckeres zu Essen und wir hatten, wie bei unserem Abschiedsfest in Hanau, Nürnberger Bratwürste besorgt.
Viele Freunde und Lehrer haben mit uns gemeinsam gefeiert und bei meiner Abschiesrede ist die ein oder andere Träne geflossen. Auf einem Board konnten sich die Freunde mit einer persönlichen Nachricht verewigen. Es war für mich ein Kommen mit Tränen und ich gehe mit Tränen in den Augen. Wir hatten eine tolle Zeit hier und wir werden vieles vermissen. This poster here is waiting for some creative words. Please feel free to write some creative things – so we will never forget you.
Natürlich gab es viel leckeres zu Essen und wir hatten, wie bei unserem Abschiedsfest in Hanau, Nürnberger Bratwürste besorgt.
Viele Freunde und Lehrer haben mit uns gemeinsam gefeiert und bei meiner Abschiesrede ist die ein oder andere Träne geflossen. Auf einem Board konnten sich die Freunde mit einer persönlichen Nachricht verewigen. Es war für mich ein Kommen mit Tränen und ich gehe mit Tränen in den Augen. Wir hatten eine tolle Zeit hier und wir werden vieles vermissen. This poster here is waiting for some creative words. Please feel free to write some creative things – so we will never forget you.
FAREWELL SPEECH
I am more than happy to share with you some moments why
we came here and what we discovered during the last three years.
Let’s go and look back to the year in Germany. I
remember the day when my husband came come from work and told me we have the
opportunity to move to the United States. Honestly, I was not very happy.
Matthias and I created a list and on this list there more cons than pros, but
we are very curious and we love adventures, also our son Ferdinand said to us he
wants to live in a country with strawberries growing all year long.
So, we moved in summer 2015, and it was a very hot
summer, to this place here. My husband went to work and the kids started school
and I struggled along. There were many ups and downs and tears during the first
year and I often were wondering if we had made the right decision.
I mean this
place here, is a small paradise and became
home for our children and for Matthias very soon. Taking care of the animals,
blacksmithing, wood turning, gardening, a creek and endless of space.
For me it took quite longer to see the beauty and
advantages of living in the suburbs. I fell more in love with Philly and
whenever I got time for myself I explored the vibrant city.
Seeing how Ferdinand, Yara and Martha got integrated
from the very first day at school it was heartbreaking and overwhelming. You
are all here – welcomed us with so much love and invited us to parties we will
never forget. All of you made GMS to our home and the three years just fly by. All
your teachers did such a great job in supporting your talents and saying you
should believe in yourself.
I would like to share with you some unforgettable
moments for me.
You know, in summer 2015 when we came here I was overwhelmed of the variety in your grocery stores and it took much, much, much, more time to find a simple whole milk for me… my kids are tiered and hungry started to complain and it was so wonderful to hear from strangers – your kids are beautiful – it warms my heart.
You know, in summer 2015 when we came here I was overwhelmed of the variety in your grocery stores and it took much, much, much, more time to find a simple whole milk for me… my kids are tiered and hungry started to complain and it was so wonderful to hear from strangers – your kids are beautiful – it warms my heart.
You also know, English is my second language. When
I had my first phone call, my heart was beating very wild, to schedule an
appointment took me much longer than I expected.
Also, I was lost in the Art Museum and I went to a
museums officer with my map in the hand and said to her. “Who am I” – she
looked at me very surprised and I could total see in her eyes how strange it
sounds. What I meant to say was “Where am I ?”.
Today, often Yara, Ferdinand or Martha correcting my mistakes and
German mispronunciations and they tell me how I have to say it. I am so proud
of you, that you learnt this language in such an easy way. They also
introduced me in the world of play dates, sleep overs and what stands for "omg" in text messages.
Finally, I wouldn’t have started sharing spoons with this
great community in my background and you all together made my project so
successful and unique.
Thank you for all your friendship - you are the once who made this an
unforgettable time. We came with tears and we will go with tears, and we gained
friends and a new home.
I also want to say THANK YOU to Matthias, Ferdinand, Yara and
Martha for being with me together on this adventure. I LOVE YOU ALL.








Kommentare
Kommentar veröffentlichen